Monday, August 3, 2009

Siding Has Arrived

After the long wait the siding has finally arrived. It hasn't been installed yet so no new photo's with this post. Sometime this week it should be installed and then I will upload some new pictures.

By the way, I don't think I have ever mentioned that I'm not actually doing all of this construction work. I'm good with computers, not so much with building sheds, so my brother-in-law Larry was hired to build the observatory. It's been a longer project than anticipated since there are unique characteristics to this structure, such as getting the roll off roof to work just right, but I'm really happy with the work he has done and how the finished project is shaping up.

Just this past weekend I was able to use the shed when my nephew Carlos was up visiting. We had a good time testing out how it all comes together. This was the first time I have controlled my telescope using my laptop and observatory program. It worked really slick, we just had to point and click to get the telescope to slew to the appropriate object.

Blog Archive