Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Building The Observatory

My front yard observatory is beginning to take shape. I'm creating this blog so that I can show the progress of the construction as well as future photo's that I may be taking once it's fully online.

I'm a little slow at getting this blog initially setup so this first entry will have quite a few days worth of photo's. From here on out I hope to update the blog each day that there is progress so check back often.

I suppose I should also explain the name of the observatory to anyone that might not know how it came about. As those of you that have visited our house know we have a wolf engraving above the fireplace. When we purchased our house Grace really did not like the wolves and considered having it removed. Over time she has gotten used to the engraving but the running joke has been that I was going to decorate the house with numerous wolf items. With the observatory I will be able to decorate however I like so it will become my "haven" to store those wolf items.

The infamous wolf engraving














My first wolf item for the entryway














Formed up and ready to pour. The Hole in the
foreground is 4 feet deep for the telescope pier















More forming completed















The cement slab is poured with pier bolts installed
















The warming house is framed















The warming house with walls and roof















The telescope room with sliding roof is started













Blog Archive