Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bear Shelter

Since I was gone over the 4th of July holiday I once again have a couple days worth of photo's to add to the site. The construction is progressing nicely now and it's looking more and more like it will when completed.

I'm now thinking I should have named it the bear shelter observatory since it will offer protection from the local bears. Yes, just tonight Grace and I had our first bear sightings. Grace went to close the blinds in my office around 9:00 PM and she had to quickly come and get me since she saw a bear at our bird feeder. When I came and looked we noticed that there were actually two bears. I tried to get a picture but didn't want to scare them with a flash so I turned that off but without the flash the photo's didn't turn out. Bummer. Well maybe next time. We didn't see them for too long (about a minute or two). By the time we saw them they were done trashing my feeders and were ready to move on into the woods.

Completed the roof for the telescope enclosure















Windows and doors installed as well as wrapping the structure in tar paper.















Another angle showing the front door







Blog Archive