The inside of the warming house / control room has been painted. I put together a new desk so that I could finally retire the folding card table. My old computer has been moved out to the control room and is now running the scope.
In the telescope room I have installed foam tile flooring and finished making new weights for the roof. I was able to get the telescope aligned on the pier so that initial setup at the beginning of an evening of observing is quick and easy.
Last weekend was perfectly clear so I was able to begin observing. I spent both Friday and Saturday evenings enjoying the night sky. The telescope control program worked great. It's so much easier to just tell the computer what I want to see and it automatically moves to that location.
In the past, using my old telescope, I was never really able to locate the planets Neptune or Uranus (or at least not with full confidence that I was really seeing them). With the new telescope I was finally able to say for sure that I have seen these planets, so it was a weekend of a few firsts.
Besides the observatory work, I also built a retaining wall for our fire pit. This was the first time I've attempted building a wall. It went really well. The first row of bricks is a bit time consuming to get level but once that was done the rest of the rows went together quickly. The front yard really looks different now that we have grass growing and this new fire pit area.
The Telescope Control Center
New Foam Tiling Under The Telescope