You may have noticed in previous pictures posted that there were some large stumps in front of the observatory. One of the recent tasks was to hire someone to come out and grind them away. We also decided to tear up our front yard of wildflowers and to install a lawn. When I moved up north I had hoped that I would have less yard work. Boy was I wrong. Now our front lawn will be like a football field. Looks like I will need a riding mower next year! It is going to look nice though so we're pretty excited for the seeds to sprout.
Last week I received the pier for the telescope. I just finished getting it all configured yesterday. I haven't had a chance yet to finalize the alignment but I'm hoping to get that done over the upcoming long weekend. Also this weekend I hope to get the inside of the observatory painted. All that will be left to do then is to get the flooring installed in the telescope room and then I will be able to consider all items complete. Then the fun of actually using the telescope on nice evenings begins.
Some Turkeys Decided To Check Out The Observatory And The Ripped Up Lawn
The Telescope Mounted On The Pier