Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Not A Year

I decided I should post another entry because its almost been an entire year since my last one and I didn't want to go that long between. Especially since in prior posts I said I would try and do them monthly. I guess that didn't quite work out. But as most of you are aware I've had good reasons considering our schedule with doctor visits.

All of my observatory time lately has been using it visually. I haven't had the camera hooked up for quite awhile. My plan was to use the camera this past winter but that didn't work out since I wasn't at home throughout those months. So this year I have used the telescope only 3 times. I did run my statistics for last year and throughout 2010 I was out in the observatory 27 times for a total of 85 hours. Not too bad considering prior to having the observatory I only used my telescope about once or twice a year, maybe 6 hours worth.

Even though I'm not using it much this year I still did buy some new items. I decided to get some new eyepieces and a filter. I've had a chance to use them and I'm real happy with their performance. The new eyepieces give me a wider field of view then my prior ones which makes viewing more comfortable even at higher powers.

I was looking through my prior posted pictures and noticed that I hadn't posted any new ones after the warm room was fully furnished so I'm including some new inside shots of the observatory. I still need to hang more pictures on the walls but that has to wait for me to get some new shots through the telescope. I also have posted a new outside shot since our flowers are in bloom.

So once again I will end with a statement saying that I will try real hard to do more posts. If I start using the camera more, once the nights get longer again, then I will definitely post those pictures.

Furnished Warm Room

Furnished Warm Room
Flowers In Bloom

Blog Archive